Friday, June 22, 2012

New tricks

Just in the past week or so, I've noticed significant progression in Carter's ability to understand commands and follow them correctly. One new "trick" is folding his arms for night time prayers.  This was especially gratifying as I have often questioned whether anything from our prayer time routine was sinking in.  Apparently it is!  Even if Carter is jumping in his crib the entire prayer, he does knows what he should be doing!

Yesterday I asked Carter if he wanted a snack.  His ears perked up so I directed him to go into the kitchen from the family room, get a fruit snack package from the box, and bring it to mommy.  He immediately left the room, got the snacks, and brought them to me!  Such a simple thing, but it definitely blew me away.

Our little guy is growing up!  He is talking more and more and recently added "fish" to his vocabulary (as in gold-fish crackers). Food apparently is the best motivator for getting Carter to speak!

1 comment: