Friday, November 2, 2012

Trick-or-Treat

I could not have been more proud of Carter when we went trick-or-treating in Beacon Hill.  Little Bear literally pulled me up the hills to get to each house.  With his head down and his legs driving, no obstacle could stop him.  His determination to reach each door was clear, just like I remember mine was when I was a young trick-or-treater.  I'm not even sure Carter was aware of what he was getting as he reached his little hand into the treat basket at each door, but it didn't stop him from picking a shiny treat, putting it in his bag, and moving on to the next house.  That is, until we reached the house with dum dums.  Once Carter found this special treat, no other treat was acceptable.  We continued to go from door to door, but when Carter looked in the treat basket and found no dum dums, he turned his nose up and left the house empty handed.  I was a little embarrassed after this happened a few times, so we decided to call it a night and take a ride back home on Thomas the Train (the T).  We had a great Halloween this year and look forward to many more to come!



Beacon Hill, Boston, MA

Tired, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment