Monday, July 20, 2015

Girls Camp 2015

I had the opportunity to attend our church's girl's camp this year, and despite not being a huge fan of camping, I had an awesome time.  I stayed with the 4th year campers (sophomore aged girls) who completed their big hike on the first day of camp.  We climbed to the top of Mt. Monadnock in New Hampshire and I was honestly surprised by how challenging the hike was.  The day was incredibly hot and humid making it even more challenging, yet the girls stayed positive and successfully reached the peak.  We were all overwhelmed by the views from the top and everyone agreed the effort required to reach the peak was worth it.
 



 Mt. Monadnock Peak, 3165', New Hampshire

And proof that I actually did camp.  I survived!  But to be totally honest, I was thrilled to be sleeping in my own bed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment